As an Amazon Associate, if you should click on any of my links, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
As a baker and a cook, I always find myself looking for ways to help me create even layers when baking and serving. If you’ve ever made homemade brownies or even a cake, then you know the struggle is real! Wilton Bake Even Cake Strips come in multiple sizes to allow you to bake cakes that are up to several inches tall.
You’ll want to be able to use the full range of heights when you’re baking cakes so you can make them as flat as possible, instead of domed. Wilton created these strips for this very reason and I find them to be helpful for my cakes.
The other reason you’ll want to use these strips when baking is because they are non-stick and make it much easier to pull the cake pans out of the oven. This can be a great time-saver, especially if you have several pans of cake in the oven, or if it’s a large layer cake.
I also find these strips to be a good value for the cost. They are made of a purple polyester strip and are oven safe up to 400°F.
When I first saw the Wilton Bake Even Strips, I was ecstatic! It was definitely a game-changer for me. They save you time and money. No more cutting off the little domes on my cakes. I felt like that I was wasting my cake.
Easy to use and clean, and so worth it, these bake-even strips are for all bakers, beginners, and pros alike. You will be wondering how you ever lived without them.
That’s why I’m sharing my favorite Baking With Donna tips for using the Wilton Bake Even Strips. Here’s how you use them. Enjoy!👩🍳
Tips on Using the Cake Strips
- Place the cake strips around the cake pans that you are going to use and tighten to fit pans. Then slip them off the pans.
- Soak the Wilton Bake Even Cake Strips in cold water for about 5 minutes.
- Wring most of the water out so they are still wet, but not dripping wet.
- Now set your pans down in them and secure the straps by pulling on them and inserting the strap into the first loop.
- Next pour your prepared cake batter into pans and place them in the oven and cook for the spesified time.
- Take pans out and put on cooling racks and cool for 5 minutes,
- Remove cake strips from pans and be amazed at the even cake layers with no “little domes!”
- Turn cakes out onto cooling racks to finish cooling and enjoying frosting cake layers that are even that you don’t have to cut off anymore!
Check out the short movie of my cakes after using the Wilton Bake Even Cake Strips. Enjoy!
Get your Wilton Bake Even Cake Strips below…