** This post also contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
Hey, y’all! Today I am going to share with you “My 5 Tips To Moist Delicious Cakes.” Yup, that’s right. Just like all your favorite recipes. Are you ready to find out what they are? Well, first of all, I am a lover of all things sweet. I just love desserts and treats. I have to say this is probably my favorite thing about baking and creating cakes and cupcakes.
Many people make the mistake of choosing a cake mix because it is “easier”. However, what they don’t realize is that cake mixes are full of preservatives and other unnecessary ingredients that will make your cake dense and dry.
Do you know why Sara Lee uses a cake mix for their cakes? The answer is simple: convenience. It takes longer to prepare a homemade cake or cupcakes than it does a store-bought cake. But homemade cakes and cupcakes are so much more enjoyable than store-bought ones.
The ones you buy from the bakeries, you don’t really know how long they have been frozen before they are thawed out and decorated.
“My 5 Tips To Moist Delicious Cakes”
- White Lily Unbleached Self-Rising Flour-I love this flour for all of my cakes except Pound Cake. It makes my cakes so light and fluffy.
- Borden’s Whole Buttermilk-Great for cake recipes gives a wonderful flavor to your cakes. If the recipe calls for sweet milk, use buttermilk instead.
- Canola Oil– Oil is known to make cakes moist and light by keeping the fat and moisture in the cakes. With Moist Delightful Cakes you will get that beautiful light finish that looks and tastes amazing.
- Check Your Oven Temperature-Another element to creating moist delicious cakes is checking your oven temperature. Ovens vary so much that it is important to check the temperature of your oven with an oven thermometer. Moist cakes are best baked at 350 F. Don’t over cook!
- Follow Recipe-This is as important as the ingredients you use in your cakes. Follow the recipe just as it instructs you to do. For example, if it tells you to add your eggs one at a time and mix well after each one, you need to do that. Speaking of eggs, I prefer to use brown eggs in my cakes.
FYI: Don’t over mix your cake batter, mix until ingredients are well incorporated.
If you follow the above tips, you will be on your way to making moist and delicious cakes for your family and friends. There is nothing like making cakes from scratch and rewarding your family and yourself with their tasty goodness.
Yes, it may take a little more time to make cakes, cookies, pies, etc. homemade, but the rewards far out way the time it takes. And really once you get the hang of it you will be glad you did.
How about this weekend you give it a try and make a cake right from scratch and see if you and your family don’t appreciate the soft moist deliciousness.🧁
I know you can do it! So, get baking!😊
No time to go to the store? Click on the link below to get yours today!