Hey, Ya’ll, Baking with Donna is here today with a post that is fun, delicious, and perfect for the holiday season and throughout the year. I have created a recipe for sugar cookies, which are ideal for decorating for the season. When decorated with royal icing and sprinkles, these cookies are a beautiful gift or dessert. These cookies are very easy to make, but look complicated. I hope you enjoy it!
- 1 ¼ cups unsalted butter, one stick
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the egg, vanilla extract, and salt and mix to combine.
- Gradually add the flour a little at a time to create a soft dough.
- Place dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before rolling into a log shape.
These cookies are great to decorate with sprinkles, colored sugars, or soft cookies frosting. My favorite is just plain with nothing on them and of course a good cup of coffee!☕
Whip up a batch of them for the weekend and let me know what you think. I am positive you are going to love them and so will your family and friends. Enjoy!
From my family to yours, Happy New Year!🎉🎇🎉🎇