Christmas and other holidays are just around the corner and I’m sure you’ll need to bake plenty of baked goodies to share with the people you love.
This is why I’m sharing with you my top 5 favorite cake pans for baking cakes.
There’s something about making a delicious cake from scratch that makes me feel so accomplished. It’s such a great feeling to be able to provide for yourself and your loved ones. And one of the ways you can make your loved ones feel extra special is by making them a delicious cake.
I believe in making it special for them, instead of trying to make the most expensive cake ever. What’s more special than giving someone homemade cake with love?
So here are my top 5 cake pans for baking that you will find in my kitchen.
- Round Cake Pan– My #1 baking pan I prefer to use is the basic 9 inch round cake pan. Everyone needs a round cake pan. Baking cakes in a round cake pan is so much easier than a square, rectangular or other shaped pans. The most common size for this type of pan is 9 inches in diameter. However, there is a size for everybody. A larger, 14 inch round cake pan is a great choice for a standard layered birthday cake, and smaller 6 inch round pans are great for cupcakes and mini-cakes. Remember that round cake pans are not just for making cakes. They also work well with other baked desserts like cheesecakes and other deserts.
- Spring Form Pan – Spring Form Pans are an essential piece of equipment for the baker at home. These types of cake pans first became popular during the 1950’s because they were viewed as more convenient than traditional layer pans. They also happen to be perfect for making all types of cheesecakes.
- Bundt Cake Pan– The standard size for Bundt Cake is a 10-inch pan. This pan is great for making Pound Cakes and regular cakes if you just want one thick layer. They come in beautiful designs so you can create a spectacular cake for your events or just for fun.
- Angel Food Cake Pan– Bakes a classic angel food cake with ease. It is a standard 10 inch-pan. I have one of these that I love and bake my pound cakes in it. Turns out beautiful every time.
- Square Cake Pan– This is another pan that I love to have in my kitchen as part of my baking ensemble. Some people don’t like baking cakes in them, but I do just for something different. You almost always see round cakes, so occasionally I like to make square ones. They are a little harder to frost, but not that bad. I have 8-inch, 9.5 x 5-inch (this one is a loaf pan), and 9 x 13-inch.
So, there you have it my top 5 cake pans that I love to bake cakes and other sweets in. Of course you don’t have to go out and buy them all at once. Start with my favorite, the 9-inch round cake pan. I use this one more than the others. You can get these in a set most of the time and that will save you some money.
Then you can gradually add the other pans as needed. Perhaps you could casually mention that you would like to have some cake pans for your birthday or perhaps Christmas.😊
Not busy this weekend? No? Girl, go buy yourself some cake pans and surprise your family or friends with one of my tasty cakes. Go ahead, you can do it!