Hello, all of my friendly bakers! I’m here today to give you the techniques you need for baking a delicious homemade Pound Cake that you and your family will love. Whether you are just starting out or a seasoned baker, this is for you.
I know many people freak out when they think about baking homemade, but it really is not that hard, I promise. Once you get the hang of it, you will be wondering why you haven’t been baking homemade all this time.
Homemade desserts are so much better, have a lot more flavor and your family and guest will be asking for more. You can count on that!
The thing about my pound cake recipe is that you can make so many flavors out of it just besides vanilla. For example: chocolate, marbled pound cake, coconut, strawberry, peanut butter and many more flavors.
I have been baking cakes, cookies, pies, and many other things since I was 12. So, I do have a few years of experience under my belt or apron should I say.😁 my delicious homemade pound cake. I can’t wait until you try it. It’s gonna make yo tongue slap yo brains out!
What do you say that we get down to business and I will share 10 techniques for delicious homemade Pound Cake with you.
Please be sure you follow these techniques so that you will have the best baking experience ever! I know this is going to seem like a lot of steps, but once you get the hang of it, it will be a breeze!
- Get your mixer and the attachments that go with it. I suggest using the paddle for mixing up your cake. Go ahead and get your pan, you can use a Bundt pan or an Angel food cake pan.
- Grease and flour the pan using either Pam with the flour in it or Bakers Joy. I like Pam better.
- Get the Pound Cake recipe that I am going to give you for FREE at the end of this post.
- Gather the ingredients listed in the recipe.
- Get your measuring cup(s) and measuring spoon(s) that you are going to need.
- Measure out ALL ingredients as instructed in your recipe. FYI: I prefer to use the curved spatula to even out the ingredients in the measuring cups.
- Add the ingredients in the order they appear in your recipe and mix well. This is a very important step to ensure that your cake comes out beautifully and not a flop!
- Now pour the prepared mix into the pan (Your batter will be thick). Making sure you get it as even as you can. I usually just give it a few little shakes to spread it out.
- Bake at the recommended temperature in the recipe at recommended time. Don’t overcook!
- Check for doneness, I do this by inserting a toothpick in the thickest part of the cake. If it comes out clean it’s done. Cool on a cake rack for 5 minutes and then turn out on the cake rake and let it finishing cooling and enjoy!
Bam! You did it! You just made your first homemade pound cake! I am so proud of you! You go, girl!
I hope you have enjoyed 10 techniques for delicious homemade Pound Cake. I really had fun sharing this with you and would love to hear how the pound cake turned out for you. And I want pictures as well.😉
Get Your Swans Down Flour on Amazon Today!